San Francisco VA Health Care System
Womens Comprehensive Health Center
Top Row: Dr. Abigail Wilson (Physician, Women’s Health Medical Co-Director); Winnie Deguzman (Lead MSA), Dr. Kaela Joseph (Psychologist, Women Veterans Program Manager), Leonides Penaflor (RN, Charge Nurse), Elizabeth Enriquez (RN) Bottom Row: Dr. Caitlin Hasser (Psychiatrist, Women’s Mental Health Director), JulieTupulua (LVN), Dr. Karla Kerlikowske (Physician, Women’s Health Medical Co-Director), Valerie Johnson (MSA), Liliane Renous (MSA), Elana Diaz (RN, Mammography & Maternity Care Coordinator)
In the San Francisco VA Health Care System, we offer a variety of health services to address the unique needs of women Veterans. To make an appointment, please contact:
Women's Health Care Center
We are located at the San Francisco VA Medical Center in Bldg. 203, 1st Floor, Room 1B.
Women who have served in the Armed Forces are eligible for a variety of Veterans benefits. VA actively encourages women to utilize the benefits due them.
San Francisco VAMC services for women include:
- Comprehensive primary care including breast and cervical cancer screening
- Preventive health screening
- Contraceptive counseling and management
- Menopause management
- Specialty gynecology services
- Osteoporosis Evaluation and care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections evaluation and treatment
- Reproductive health care, including gynecological care and appropriate referrals for obstetrical care, infertility evaluation and genetic testing
- Comprehensive OEF/OIF/OND clinic
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
- Women's Cardiac Clinic
- Obesity counseling, weight loss - referral to MOVE!
Mental Health and Sexual Trauma Counseling
We are committed to assisting women Veterans with their psychological needs. Services include:
- Mental health counseling
- Sexual trauma counseling
- Substance abuse treatment
- Psychological support groups: Coping with Depression, Stress Management, Trauma Recovery, Substance Abuse Treatment for Women
- Learn more about Military Sexual Trauma and how to contact your MST Coordinator.
Women's Health at Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs)
Each of our CBOCs have desgnated Women's Health providers offering comprehensive primary care, including gender-specific care and Women's Health RN liaisons to assist women Veterans with their needs.
Learn More About VA Health Care Benefits for Women
A video entitled, "The Best Care Anywhere" addresses the challenges presented by the growing number of women Veterans in the VA system, and actions being taken to ensure they receive quality women's health care. Click here to view the video.
Women Veterans Program Manager
Kaela Joseph, PhD (415) 221-4810. ext. 2-3956
1st Floor, Room 1B
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.