San Francisco VA Health Care System
Planning for Our Future
Since 1934, the San Francisco VA Medical Center (SFVAMC) has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve the health care needs of the more than 310,000 Veterans living in an 8-county area of northern California. We have a long history of conducting cutting edge research, establishing innovative medical programs and providing compassionate care to Veterans.
We are devoted to providing state-of-the-art health care, conducting important clinial research, and serving as a leading provider of medical education. As part of our long-term planning process, we prepared a Long Range Development Plan (LRDP)—which for purposes of master planning—outlines the facilities on our Fort Miley Campus, divided into planned phases of implementation. As part of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process, we completed a Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), which describes the environmental effects of implementing the LRDP and its NEPA alternatives. A Record of Decision was published on October 21, 2015.
To keep up to date on construction projects at the Fort Miley campus, go here.
- Draft Environmental Assessment for the Sausalito Annex (December 2015)
- Finding of No Significant Impact for the Sausalito Annex (June 2017)
- Finding of Effect for the Sausalito Annex (April 2017)
- Section 111 - Sausalito Annex - Letter to SHPO (December 2017)
- Public Interpretation Program Engagement Process (February 2020)