San Francisco VA Health Care System
New Santa Rosa VA Clinic to Open in Summer 2022
The San Francisco VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS) recently broke ground on a new clinic in Santa Rosa. Located at 2285 Challenger Way in southwest Santa Rosa, the new clinic will expand services to our Sonoma County Veteran patients. The facility is scheduled to open by Summer 2022.
The new clinic will employ 200 clinical and administrative staff and offer primary and specialty care services, mental health, women Veteran health services, telehealth and telemedicine, dental, laboratory, occupational and physical therapy, prosthetics, pharmacy, radiology, and will also include space for clinical and administrative support staff such as information technology, logistics, scheduling clerks and housekeeping services.
Construction cost of the 58,000-square-foot clinic is an estimated $12 million. The San Francisco VA Health Care System agreed to a 20-year lease with the project owner—Santa Rosa VA, LLC. Despite its name, this entity is not owned or managed by the SFVAHCS or the Department of Veterans Affairs. The land and building are owned by W.D. Schorsch LLC, a real estate developer based in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Some of the new facility’s features include:
- Women’s health expanding from one to four exam rooms
- Lactation rooms for staff and a new “pod” concept for patients
- Exam rooms will increase from 12 to 22.
- PACT providers will increase from eight to 11, with two dedicated exam rooms per provider
- Procedure rooms will expand from two to eight
- Mental Health will double in size from 12 to 23 providers
- Dental will increase from four to eight chairs, and all treatment rooms will have windows to the outside
- A café style area with seating and eight vending machines, which will include fresh and frozen items, snacks and hot/cold drinks
The current clinic, located nine miles away at 3841 Brickway Boulevard in northwest Santa Rosa, will remain open and continue to offer services to Veterans.