Welcome to the San Francisco VA Medical Center
The San Francisco VA Medical Center (SFVAMC) is proud to be part of your medical training in affiliation with the University of California, San Francisco.
For Medical Students
Please print, review and complete the following. Please sign and date all forms where indicated, and mail completed forms to your UCSF Program Coordinator as soon as possible.
Instructions for completing TMS and Mandatory Training for Trainees Course:
New and Returning Medical Students:
- Create your VA Talent Management System (TMS) training by clicking here. When you navigate to the TMS page, click on “create new user” on the upper-right hand side.
- Follow TMS instructions provided here for creating your TMS account and completing the mandatory training course.
- Email the pdf certificate of completion and your user ID to your VA contact listed here.
Returning VA Medical Students:
- If you already have a TMS account, use your current account.
- Complete the refresher course: 3192008_VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees – Refresher.
- Email the pdf certificate of completion and your user ID to your VA contact provided in the checklist.
Instructions for your Human Resources appointment:
- Bring two original and current forms of ID, at least one of which must be a Government-issued photo ID.
- You will complete additional signatures in person, be fingerprinted, and have a photo taken for your PIV card.
- Please send an email to email@example.com to schedule a one-hour appointment.
Obtaining a Personal Identification Verification (PIV) Card
The Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card is vital to protecting the security, identity and privacy of not only you as an individual, but of every single person at VA, the VA as a whole, and the Veterans we serve. All trainees are required to have a PIV Card prior to the start of their rotation. For your appointment, in addition to the VA PIV Card Form, make sure to bring two original and current forms of ID, at least one of which must be a Government-issued photo ID.