San Francisco VA Health Care System
As a teaching hospital, the San Francisco VA Medical Center provides a full range of educational opportunities, with state-of-the-art technology as well as and research facilities.
San Francisco VAMC is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco.* We offer residency training in all major medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties. Associated Health Training is offered in nursing, psychology, audiology, social work, dietetics, and pharmacy.
Each year, San Francisco VAMC funds over 189 Residency and Fellow positions and 40 allied health professional trainees. More than 700 trainees from 36 clinical programs rotate through our Medical Center.
Other Educational Programs/Opportunities
- Dental General Practice Residency (GPR) Program
- Post-Graduate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) Residency Program
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Podiatric Residency Program
- Psychology Training Program
- EdPACT (Education in Patient Aligned Care Teams)
- EdPACT (Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Residency Program)
- VA Quality Scholars
(*Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website.)