San Francisco VA Health Care System
News, Events & Media Home
The Public Affairs Office for the San Francisco VA Health Care System is available to respond to local and national media inquiries and requests. In addition, we can also provide the following support and assistance to members of the news media:
- Subject matter experts
- Interview scheduling
- Fact sheets and statistical information
- Information about VA related special events
For assistance in covering health and medical stories and to set up interviews with our VA subject matter experts, please contact the Office of Public Affairs by email or by calling 415-750-2012. If you are a reporter calling after hours, please call 415-815-7769.
Public Affairs Staff
Angelo Dalmacio, Director of Public Affairs
Stephanie Ramirez, Public Affairs Specialist
Susan Dugdale, Visual Information Specialist
The following guidelines can assist you in arranging interviews, video sessions, or photo opportunities:
- Call the Public Affairs Office to arrange all interviews with San Francisco VA Health Care System staff. We will respond as quickly as we can. (Patients seeking medical advice should contact their health care provider or dial 911 for medical emergencies.)
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary. Public Affairs staff need as much notice as possible to arrange subject matter experts, locations for media interviews, or photo shoots for your story.
- Public Affairs staff must accompany all film crews and photographers while on campus. Our main priority is patient privacy and adherence to HIPAA regulations. We also want to make sure you get the information you are looking for and to coordinate shoot locations and ensure interviews go smoothly.
If you are a student working on a research paper and looking to interview a Veteran about his military experience, we encourage you to contact a Veterans Service Organization for assistance. You can find a comprehensive list at http://www1.va.gov/VSO. The public affairs office is not staffed to support research for students.
- FY 2019 Annual Report
- Fact Sheet
- Research Fact Sheet
- History Book (1934 - 2009)
Sign up to receive emails from the San Francisco VA Health Care System
The San Francisco VA Health Care System's news and alerts email subscription services allow Veteran patients, their family members, VA employees and the public to sign up to receive emails from us about important news and emergency alerts. By enrolling, you will can choose to receive email messages about new programs and services, special events and educational programs, health tips, changes in clinic hours and schedules, and/or emergency alerts. Your email information will be kept private and you can unsubscribe at any time. Learn more.